Etiquette and guidelines
Safety and security in the city
- Mysuru is a small city that upholds traditional customs. Both men and women are requested to dress appropriately. Observe the local way of dressing which is often modest. You’re requested to dress accordingly and avoid revealing clothes.
- Move around in groups in the city for safety reasons, especially when coming to the Shala in the early morning hours.
- Your safety is your responsibility. To avoid being cheated, it’s better to avoid contact with absolute strangers. If you’re coming to the city or the Shala for the first time, it will help to get details of the reliable people/resources from students who are familiar with the city and the Shala.
- Always carry a copy of your passport. Leave the original safe at your place of stay.
- Carry only necessary cash with you, keep excess cash safe at your place of stay.
- Share your local address and contact number with the Shala.
- Be extra cautious while riding scooters and bikes here since you’re unfamiliar with the traffic situation in the city. Drive slow and safe. Always wear helmet and ensure the bike is in good condition before renting.
- The Shala has issued ID cards to a few auto rickshaw drivers in Gokulam whose details are registered with the Shala. You’re requested to prioritise them while sharing an auto to commute to the Shala since they are reliable and have been serving Shala students for many years.
- Shala or the management is not responsible for what happens outside the Shala premises