Ashtanga Yoga classes for all levels from June 2023 (Registrations are open)
Updated on 10th Jul 2023, 10:30 AM IST
Starting June 1, 2023, Sharath Yoga Centre will be accepting students of all levels of practice including absolute beginners. These are year-long classes that will go on till 29th Feb, 2024.
These classes are given by teachers authorised by Sharath Guruji. During the months Guruji is taking classes in Mysore, these classes will run parallel to his classes in the morning.
We also welcome the family members and partners of those who practice with Sharath Guruji to attend these classes during the season time.
Kindly Note: These classes will be taught by qualified and authorised teachers at Sharath Yoga Centre and NOT by Sharath Guruji.
Teaching periods and class timings:
- These classes will be offered only between 1st Jun 2023 to 29th Feb 2024.
- Students must register for minimum two weeks.
- Applicants must be at least 12 years old.
- Daily classes start at about 8 AM.
- The class may be for 30-45 mins for new students. But the duration or length of the class for each student varies based on how many asanas have been taught. Over time, more asanas are added to the daily practice.
- Sundays, Full Moon and New moon days are holiday – Read more
Registrations for regular classes are open – Click here to register now
When registering at in-person at the Shala, the students will be asked to fill a registration form and provide
- Printed copy of the confirmation email
- 2 sets of photocopy (Xerox) of your valid passport
- 1 copy (Xerox) of visa. One more copy if paying by card.
- 1 passport size photo (about 4 x 5 cm)
- 1 stamp size photo (about 2.5 x 2 cm)
- The local Mysuru address that you will be staying at
- 1 copy (Xerox) of aadhaar card (only for indians). One more copy if paying by card.
The Shala does not provide food, accommodation or transport, you have to arrange it yourself.
While practising at SYC, the students are not allowed to take any yoga related classes in any other institutes.
For further queries, write to – firstname.lastname@example.org