Updated on 4th Feb 2023, 9:05 PM IST
Regarding in-person registration at SYC Mysuru
Send a leave application – only for registered SYC students currently studying at the Shala
- I want to learn at Sharath Yoga Centre, Mysuru, what are the options and how to apply?
At Sharath Yoga Centre, we offer two set of classes to learn traditional Ashtanga Yoga
- Taught by Paramaguru Sharath Jois. The teaching dates, eligibility criteria, registration process are here – Studying at Sharath Yoga Centre
- Taught by qualified and authorised teachers of SYC, but not by Sharath Guruji. These classes are open for students of all levels including absolute beginners. Registrations for the same are open now – Regular Classes
- Does SYC offer online classes?
No, we only teach offline at Sharath Yoga Centre, Mysuru – Google map link.
- What are the next teaching dates for Sharath Guruji’s classes at SYC Mysuru?
Sharath Guruji’s next teaching dates are announced here – Read here
- I want to study Ashtanga Yoga with Sharath Guruji, how do I apply?
Please refer to the website here for the application process, acceptance criteria and other details – Studying at Sharath Yoga Centre
Registrations for Sharath Guruji’s the next teaching season at SYC, Mysuru are announced – Read here
Sharath Guruji’s teacing schedule for 2023 is undecided. You may need to regularly check our website for updates.
- How can I apply to study at SYC? I belong to one of the below categories of students:
- Never practised any kind of Yoga
- Have been practising other forms of yoga than Ashtanga for past few months or years
- Have practised Ashtanga Yoga, but not with SYC authorised/certified teachers
- Have practised Ashtanga Yoga with SYC authorised/certified teacher, but only online.
You are only eligible to apply for the regular classes at SYC, Mysuru. These classes are taught by qualified and authorised teachers at SYC, but not by Sharath Guruji.
Registrations for the same are open now – Regular Classes
- How can I enroll for a teacher training course(TTC)? How can I get authorised or certified by SYC?
Please read here – Authorisation
- Does the Shala provide food and accommodation?
No, the students have to arrange for it themselves. The Shala does not endorse any service providers for travel or stay. For accommodation, you need to arrange it yourself. Generally students check with their SYC authorised/certified teachers if they have studied with such teachers, since they have made multiple trips to Mysuru. Typically students stay around Gokulam or VV Mohalla area and commute to the Shala by two wheelers or auto-rickshaws.
- What are the etiquette and guidelines the students must follow when at SYC Mysuru?
Please refer to the website here – General etiquette and guidelines
Regarding in-person registration at SYC Mysuru (only after receiving application confirmation email)
- Documents to be carried when coming to the Shala for in-person registration.
- Printed copy of the confirmation email
- 2 sets of photocopy (Xerox) of your valid passport
- 1 copy (Xerox) of visa. One more copy if paying by card.
- 1 passport size photo (about 4 x 5 cm)
- 1 stamp size photo (about 2.5 x 2 cm)
- The local Mysuru address that you will be staying in
- 1 copy (Xerox) of aadhaar card (only for Indians). One more copy if paying by card.