Studying with Sharath Guruji at the Shala
To study with Paramaguru Sharath Jois, all students must fill the online application form.
- Online registration to study
- Register online to study with Sharath Guruji
- Registration date and time will be notified in advance on the website
- Application must be for full 1, 2 or 3 months period. Refer to each teaching season’s guideline for exact minimum or maximum period.
- Opt-in to assist at the Shala. Only authorised or certified students of Sharath Guruji may apply to assist.
- Application form details are listed in detail here – Read More
- Authorised/certified teachers to send online recommendations for their students.
- Read below regarding acceptance criteria. The details asked in this form are listed here – Read More
- Confirmation emails will be sent out by the Shala after one week
- If your application is not confirmed, the rejection emails will be sent out before the start of the teaching dates.
- Register online to study with Sharath Guruji
- In-person registration to study
- In-person registration at Mysuru up-to 3 days before the batch commencement date.
- On the reporting dates, come to the Shala at Mysuru and fill in the registration form.
- Carry a copy of confirmation email and relevant documents and pay the fees.
- Only students are allowed in the Shala for registration, avoid bringing others along with you.
- Specifics are in the guidelines here – Read More
- Applicant must have studied Ashtanga Yoga at Mysuru with Sharath Guruji in the past OR studied with a student Authorised or Certified to teach Ashtanga Yoga by Sharath Guruji for at least a period of 2-3 months. The study period and teacher’s name is to be filled in the application form.
- Applicants must have studied in-person with the authorised/certified students of Sharath Guruji. Online or zoom class do not qualify.
- Refer to the authorised/certified students list here.
- Regarding online recommendations:
- New students must get online recommendations. Request your SYC authorised/certified teacher(s) to submit online recommendation for you. Share your details with them – Read more
- Students who have studied with Sharath Guruji at Mysuru before must mention the respective study periods clearly in the application. Their teacher’s recommendation is not mandatory for them.
- The authorised/certified teachers are exempted from getting recommendations.
- Authorised/certified teachers are to fill in online recommendation form for their students.
- They will be sent a one time password(OTP) by email for authenticating their recommendation couple of days before the online registration for students starts.
- The link to the form to submit recommendation for their students shall be sent to them in the same email. This form will be open for a few days. Refer to the timeline for exact dates.
- If you are an authorised/certified teacher and have not received the OTP even after registrations started, kindly check your inbox and spam folder, and lastly write to Shala, we will check and revert back.
- Applicant must be at least 12 yrs old
- Duplicate or incomplete applications will be rejected
- Students who came to study at Mysuru for 2 or 3 months during the Dec 2021 to Feb 2022 teaching season are not eligible to apply for this season, so as to give chance to other students to study with Sharath Guruji.
Important updates to the registration process
Over the years we have been getting an overwhelming number of applications to study with Sharath Guruji. With the registrations being first come first serve basis, the students log-on to the website in a very large number at the same time and the website slows down, freezes or crashes.
This time we will keep the website open for 12 hrs and do the selection for admission on a random basis (like an automated lucky draw). We need your support in making registration a smooth and easy process for everyone.
Please go over the slides below to understand the changes:
- Registration link will be open for 12 hour period.
- All students, please register at your convenience and preferably not everyone together at same time on the registration date.
- Carefully go through the online registration guide here – Read more
- Apply only once, duplicate applications will be rejected.
The classes will be held at Sharath Yoga Centre – Read More
Daily classes taught by Sharath Guruji will start from about 4:30 AM in the morning. Exact time may vary based on total number of students in the batch.
Chanting class is compulsory.
All students (old and new) must fill out an application form before coming to the Shala. This includes the authorised and certified teachers. Students who have not submitted the application form will not be able to register once at Mysuru. After submitting the application form, please wait for admission confirmation email. Only confirmed students are allowed to come to study at the Shala.
- There will be no refunds or credit for future classes.
- Full fees are expected from the start date.
- Pay by Cash or Credit Card (the card must be in your name + carry additional copy of identity proof if paying by card)
- Cancellations and change of dates will not be granted.
- Extensions of stay will not be granted. Students must not apply for visa extensions. Supporting documents for the same shall not be issued by the Shala.
- Shala does not provide any accommodation or food. You must arrange this yourself.
- Sanskrit/Chanting class will cost extra.
- Refer to FAQ’s here